April 9, 2008

WHY IS ME??

As a customer service in my company, one of my responsibility is take booking from the customer.
Now, I realized something.
When there is something happened on the Booking, Customer Service are the FIRST one who should be blame.
I couldn't understand~~!!
WHY?
The mistake happened not because of me only.
But why they just push all the "sai" to us?
ok, I admit i should follow all the procedure, cos if i follow the procedure, this issues can be avoid. (this is what my HOD told me)
but~~~why?
the other department got wrong also.
They never admit is their mistake also. (however, the colleague who involve in this got say Sorry to me personally)
haih~~really disappointed..
am i really suitable for this job???

3 comments:

Psionix said...

Dear Padawan,

As a customer service employee in my company, one of my responsibilities is to take bookings from customers.
Recently, I realized something.
When something happens with the Bookings, Customer Services will be the FIRST to be blamed.
I don't understand~~!!
WHY?
The mistake involved several parties, not just myself.
But why did they just push all the "sai" to us?
ok, I admit i should follow all the procedures, cos if i followed the procedures, this issue can be avoided. (this is what my HOD told me)
but~~~why?
the other departments were also in the wrong.
However, they did not admit it. (Although, the colleague who was involved in this said Sorry to me personally)
haih~~really disappointed..
am i really suitable for this job???


As you had mentioned, taking bookings for clients is the responsibility of an employee in Customer Service. You are the first person of contact, the initiator, dealing directly with the client with regards to this matter.
Hence, it is very natural that once something goes wrong, you will be the first to be pointed out. In this case, it involves blaming, finger pointing, and shunting of responsibility; which is a shame. Shame, but not unexpected. No department will want to be involved when there is a deviation (aka cock up).

You mentioned that if you were following the procedures (aka SOPs), this mistake can be avoided. In this area, I cannot defend you. You made a serious error in not following SOPs. SOPs are there specifically to prevent such things from happening. SOPs are created to be followed. You had failed on this part. In my company, failure to comply with SOPs will also lead to dismissal.

As for being disappointed and second guessing yourself whether you are suitable for this job? My advise is, cheer up. Look forward. Everyone makes mistakes one way or another. We are all human. Just take this as a learning opportunity. Its not the end of the world. Give yourself some more time. Don't come to a decision that you are not suitable for the job just because of this one incident. You will do fine :)

Regards.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...

Yi Shuang said...

opps..who is the colleague?
hahaha